Here’s a quick overview of how to install WordPress.
How To Install WordPress
WordPress is a great free “Content Management System” or CMS as it’s sometimes referred to.
WordPress has made blogging and setting up and managing a website really simple and accessible to practically anyone.
And the great thing is that WordPress is now provided as standard by practically all the big hosting providers.
Once you’ve purchased your domain name and your web hosting space, you can start setting up your site at your hosting provider by using WordPress.
The first thing is to install WordPress onto your domain.
To do this you log into your hosting account at your hosting provider.
Your hosting service will provide you with a login account which gives you access to a “point and click” dashboard. Usually this will be “cpanel”. Cpanel makes it very easy to carry out all the configuration tasks for your site.
You install and configure WordPress from within cpanel. The process is largely just a “point and click” operation which makes it very easy. You only need to enter a few text fields via the keyboard.
Below is a description of the basic procedure for installing WordPress using cpanel.
How To Install WordPress Using cpanel
● Log in to your cpanel account at your web-hosting provider.
● Click on WordPress and choose “New installation”
● Enter the domain for which you want to perform the installation. If you just have the one domain, then this will already be set as the default.
● Enter the site name you want to use.
● Set the Admin user name. Many people just choose “admin”, but your website and your WordPress system will be more secure if you choose a different name instead of “admin”.
● Set a password for the Admin user name.
● Set the Admin nickname. This is the name that posts by the Admin user account will use and so it will appear on the site.
● Click on “complete the installation”.
And with that, the basic WordPress system is now installed on your site.Disclosure: The above article may include affiliate links for products and services for which this site may receive remuneration.